Milk kefir cheese and lacto-fermented lemons are essential staples in my fridge. Super healthy and delicious, they are also versatile ingredients that add extra dimensions of flavour to simple dishes. One of my favourite recipes using both of these ingredients is Kefir Lemon Dill Sauce.
This sauce is so easy to make, and pairs beautifully with a variety of dishes such as: fish, roasted vegetables and potatoes, fries, grilled meat & pierogies. The sauce can also be thinned down to make a tangy dressing to drizzle on vegetables and salads. You can also replace the dill with other herbs. I like to use fennel fronds (the wispy green tops of fennel bulbs)
KEFIR LEMON DILL SAUCE
- 1 tasse Milk kefir cheese
- 1 tablespoon Lacto-fermented lemon rind (diced or slivered)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill (or 1/2 tablespoon dry dill)
- 1-2 tablespoons lacto-fermented lemon brine
- Add lemon rind, brine and dill to milk kefir cheese.
2. Stir until combined. Add more brine if you require a thinner consistency. The brine will season the sauce, so no need to add salt!